Join a dynamic team dedicated to healing, recovery and reimagining mental health treatment! The Gould Farm Nursing Office Assistant works as a member of a multidisciplinary team that contributes to each guest’s treatment and recovery. The Nursing Office Assistant works under the leadership of the Nursing Office Coordinator and with oversight of the Nursing Office by the Clinical Director. The Nursing Office Assistant engages in tasks, interventions and education that support guests in using medication as a tool in recovery, as well as skill building around mental and physical wellness strategies. The Nursing Office Assistant contributes to an efficient, effective and safe operation in compliance with Massachusetts Department of Public Health MAP certification. Must be willing to promote the values and spirit of Gould Farm, to actively participate as a member of the community and to continuously seek ways to improve, both self and function.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● MAP certification per Department of Public Health dispensing of medication as required for guests;
● Maintain and secure inventory of medication;
● Transcription of Doctor’s orders;
● Maintain accurate records, logs, and progress reports on all medication, health and wellness activities;
● Provide liaison to both Doctors & Clinical team in relation to guest’s needs and medication changes;
● Ongoing training and support of staff in Nursing Office to ensure consistency and safety in MAP procedures/implementation;
● Liaison with pharmacies, insurance companies, external medical transfer providers, other health professionals and family partners of guests as needed;
● Schedule off-site medical and wellness appointments for guests;
● Perform a range of administrative tasks in a busy office environment including answering phones, data entry, copying and filing.
Health and Wellness
● Support Nursing Office Staff in conducting health and wellness assessments of guests;
● Further ongoing wellness plans for guests with coaching and support;
Triage and Crisis Intervention
● Triage and problem solve with guests around matters that impact program attendance and engagement, including providing coaching /support of skills in emotional regulation;
● Provision of basic first aid;
● Assist the Clinical team and Residential team, as well as Doctors to support crisis intervention;
Qualifications: This position requires residency at the Farm as a condition of employment (living at Gould Farm in employer provided housing). Should suitable housing not be available at the time of hire, agreement to moving to the Farm as soon as suitable housing is available is a contingency of employment. Experience in mental health and MAP certification is preferred. Securing MAP certification is a requirement of the position. Experience with electronic health records (or similar web based data/reporting systems) preferred. Updated CPR and First Aid certification will be required. Strong administrative and organizational skills are essential. Must have the mobility to spend 75% of the work shift standing and/or moving about the work area.
Interested Candidates should submit a resume and letter of interest to Human Resources: email@example.com.