Join a dynamic team dedicated to healing, recovery and reimagining mental health treatment! The Gould Farm Nurse works as a member of a multidisciplinary team and contributes to each guest’s individual treatment plan by helping develop, implement and document appropriate goals and interventions, informed by the person’s strengths. Reporting to the Clinical Director, the Nurse oversees the safe and effective administration of medications and overall operation of the Nursing Office. The Nurse provides education and support to guests in medication as a tool in recovery, and skill building around mental and physical wellness strategies. The Nurse also assists in recommending, designing and implementing health and wellness policies and activities that support guests’ recovery. Must be willing to promote the values and spirit of Gould Farm, to actively participate as a member of the community and to continuously seek ways to improve, both self and function. Full-Time or Part-Time Opportunity.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Nursing Office Leadership:
- Provide leadership to Nursing Office operation, ensuring quality controls, safety and compliance with all state laws and regulations.
- Coordinate and monitor training, and MAP certification for all Nursing Office staff, and ensure all agency staff have up to date First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Design and deliver orientation and in-service training for staff and guests regarding medications, the role of medication in recovery, impact of medication on health, universal precautions, seasonal health concerns etc.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, including psychiatrists, social workers, and nursing office staff to support guest treatment plans.
- Serve as liaison to work team leaders and Residential staff in support of health and wellness aspects of their work.
- Document medical histories, health assessment results, prescriptions, and other related health information for each guest.
- Assess guest’s mental and physical status based on the presenting symptoms and complaints.
- Dispense and supervise the dispensing of medication as required for guests; maintain and secure inventory of medication; train staff in medication administration.
- Identify health concerns, status changes, and safety issues and respond in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain accurate records, logs, and progress reports on all health and wellness activities.
- Coordinate care of residents with primary care providers, specialists, lab, radiology, and other pertinent health services.
- Provide liaison to both Doctors and Clinical Team in relation to guest medication changes and health and wellness needs.
- Administer injection medications.
- Assess insurance coverage for each guest and communicate with medical providers and insurers regarding all necessary authorizations.
- Explain medical procedures or test results to patients or family members.
- Conduct wellness assessments with guests and develop wellness plans and goals in collaboration with members of the treatment team.
- Facilitate outside wellness services as needed including appointments with nutritionist, physical trainer etc.
- Mentor, coach, and support guests with wellness goals and strategies.
Qualifications and Expectations:
- Licensed Registered Nurse in Massachusetts. Graduate of an accredited Nursing School, with an Associates Degree required, Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Experience in psychiatric nursing, working in psychiatric settings, residential treatment or community based mental health programs.
- Knowledge of MAP or commensurate experience.
- First Aid and CPR certified.
- Proficient in G Suite, and/or Microsoft Office and able to navigate a basic Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Familiarity with co-occurring disorders.
- Well-honed triaging, diagnostic, and clinical judgment capacities.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates excellent clinical nursing skills, knowledge, judgment and leadership in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrates ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
This position requires residency at the Farm for full-time candidates as a condition of employment (living at Gould Farm in employer provided housing). Should suitable housing not be available at the time of hire, agreement to moving to the Farm as soon as suitable housing is available is a contingency of employment.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Mike Covell, Human Resources Director at HR@gouldfarm.org.